Sunday, April 02, 2006

When life throws you a curve ball

I received a phone call last night at 12:30PM from my sister Donna. Normally when a call comes in that late, it is not to say hi.My Sister told me that my Daughter`s younger Sister died after being sick for a very long time. I am not sure what the cause of death was. Her name was Kim and she was 27 years old. She leaves behind a 6 year old Son. Hearing of Kim`s untimely death brought back so many memories.

I remember when she was six and although her Mom and I were no longer seeing each other, Kim and her Brother had stayed a summer with me cause of being in trouble at school. She turned into a beautiful lady. I would tell her as she got older that if she needed help, please call me. Kim was like one of my own children. It also brought back memories of my own Mothers death. I too will pass away when the time comes. I am so greatful to be in a position to help my Daughter.

I say I am greatful because I have not always been so fortunate. You see for many years, I was involved with drugs and alcohol from the time I was seventeen years of age. I am 50 years old now. I had a moment of clarity when I was 40 years old and have been sober ever since. I am greatful because before my Mom passed away, she got to see me sober for five years and she the Son she was hoping for. The reason I mention this is because I could not be the Man I am today without the grace of a loving God.

I have created a web site dedicated to my Mom and will include Kim in it also. I hope to have it completed by years end. This site will be of a spiritual nature for those seeking answers to life`s questions. This site will include pictures and short stories about angels that my mom wrote while she was alive. My Mom wrote thee books of short that she never published. she wrote these short stories for her many students at different churches where she taught Sunday School. The name of the web site will be called Spiritual Angels. Now I must help my Daughter go through her pain and make sure she comes out on the other side with an understanding of life. How ironic! I put my life in danger for years and years.

I say how ironic because Kim didn`t smoke or drink. She just went to work and tried to raise her Son. Me, on the other hand, stayed drunk most of the time. Became homeless and was sleeping on the sidewalk and eating out of dumsters. today I am a Senior Manager for a large corporation and I own several web sites. Talk about God raising the dead! I called my Daughter this morning to make sure she was ok and she was sleeping. i told her to call me when she wakes up. she lives in Dallas and I want to make sure that she gets here safe to help her go through her pain. One day I will share my complete story hoping that it may help someone get on the right track. I feel for my Daughter cause in the last several years, she has lost both Grandparents and her Mom is very poor health.

Kim, may you rest in peace! you are loved and missed by many! You can view my articles of interest or subscribe at David Bowie`s House of Auctions

copyright @2006 David E. Bowie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home