Monday, April 03, 2006

Picture me rollin!


Hello world! How`s it going out there? Allow me to introduce myself. My name is David Bowie, I am the sole owner of David Bowie`s House of Auctions. Get used to the name cause you`re going to be hearing the name a lot over the next few weeks. Can you see me now? If you`ll just look right outside your window you can see me at http://davidbowiesnightlife.com David Bowie`s House of Auctions went through a complete make over about a month ago. Gone, were all the fancy colors and flash animations. Hence, the name change. When I decided to get a domain name, I decided to go with my own name. I quickly found out that my name real name David Bowie was already taken by the singer by the same name although that is not his real name.

So I had to do some creative thinking to come up with another domain name. I was working a day job that I currently still hold, minus a few promotions along the way, and could only work on my web site at nights. So for some reason , I came up with the domain name of David Bowie night life. It is strange that when I tell people my domain name, the first thing they think of is sex! Trust me on this one, that was not my intention when I purchased my domain name. I think that sex is a private matter between two people. Or three, if you prefer (smile). Seriously, sex was not on my mind when I found my domain name.

About a month ago, I took David Bowie`s Night Life, tore it down and built David Bowie`s House of Auctions. I still go under the same domain name. The site has a new look and feel to it. The site serves two purposes, one it is a gateway to visit other Auctions that are not well now to most shoppers. Two, I sell items that are hard to find at a very low prices. there is also a section dedicated to promoting your web site and internet marketing. I do have a wealth of information on other auctions and how they operate. Throughout the year, I will post reviews on the auctions I visit and will contact the owners for their input. The reviews will be posted on my site as well as on my blogs.

I will write articles pertaining to Auction life in general. Once in awhile I may get off topic and rant and rave about one thing or another. To give you a little background on me, I work for a wholesale auto Auction. I have been with this Company for the past ten years. I am considered Senior Manager, which no one still can tell exactly what that means and well sell about four thousand cars a month! So I do know something about the Auction business. Weather it is cars, jewelry or cows. An Auction is an Auction. The one thing you will get out of my articles on Auctions is an education on how to buy what and when to buy. you will also be taught who to buy from and knowing if you can trust certain sellers.

Reminds me of a certain buyer who bought a pair of two way radios from me about six months ago for $28.00. He was from another country and I had the hardest time with shipping, which took an extra month. When he finally got his radios, he was very happy. I won a loyal customer although, chances are I will never sell to him again. By the time I answered his questions via the phone and paid my bill of $48.00, well need I say more? So for you sellers out there, this tip is on the house! Sometimes it is better to pass up a sell! Did you know as I am writing this article, there are 10 million online auctions out there! Whew! That`s a lot of Auctions although some are hard to find or you need an invitation to get in. Together we will research them all. I might review five a week and post my findings on my site and blogs.

Who knows I might even buy something from Christies or is it Christy`s! Oh well, I think you get my point. I will also talk about the pros and con of buying expensive jewelry versus knock off jewelry. I bought a knock off watch a couple of weeks ago and wore it to work and only three people noticed it and wanted to have a closer look. I have come to believe, that most people are not that observant. I mean this watch has the look and feel of a $10,000.00 platinum watch with diamonds and bling, bling and only three people noticed. By the way, the vendor wanted $15.00 for the watch but I got her to give it to me for $10.00. You will probably see it on my next sale.

copyright @2006 David E. Bowie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home