Monday, April 10, 2006

Mister, Can You Spare A Gallon Of Gas?


I went to the gas station last week and was totally shocked to have to pay $2.85 a gallon for gas. All the smart people say that it will reach four bucks a gallon by summer. Now, before you go out and by that new fancy car that will save you gas because it has a smart engine. You know, the ones they are starting to advertise that switches from an 8 cyl. to a 6cyl. to a 4 cyl.

I really have to give my hats off to the guy who thought this up. I mean, really, how much time and thought did he put into this? Well I can tell you that when I saw the commercial on these smart engines, it took me two seconds to figure out why it won`t work. It seems like the Auto Manufacturers are stuck on stupid. Why keep building cars that are dependent on gas and oil. Burning less gas and oil is not better. How come they can`t figure that out? Scary Huh! Makes me think that the Big Three got their head in the sand.

One day soon, we are going to run out of fuel for our automobiles and making a smart engine is not going to solve our problem. And if you are looking for a car, I would get a small car with a 4 cyl. engine. If you get one of those bigger cars with the so called smart engines, you`ll actually burn up more gas. Remember that weight has a lot to do with how much gas you`re burning. If you buy one of the cars I see advertised on T.V., that says you`ll save gas because the engine converts from an 8 cyl. to a 4 cyl., please remember that you still have the weight of the car!

When looking for your new car this summer, try to find something that is more fuel efficient, like the new Hybrids. I know there are some complications when it comes to looking for alternative fuel. For instance, I can imagine that if not done right, we could have massive layoffs that could put the economy in a tailspin! We do need to shift our thinking to finding another alternative to travel. If we are not careful with our consumption, instead of seeing that guy on the corner with the sign that says, will work for food, I will be on that corner with a sign that says, Mister, can you spare a gallon of gas?
As I am writing this post. I am thinking, this is just food for thought. We need to find a fuel that has plenty of staying power, say, like grass. I would like to know that we left the world a much better place that when we found it! This article was written by David E. Bowie: CEO of David Bowie`s House Of Auctions. Famous for His and Hers Watch Sets with matching jewelry! Visit us at David Bowie`s House Of Auctions

copyright @2006 by David E. Bowie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home